At AFFECT we understand the importance of your personal information and as always, will only use it to provide the support services you have requested.
You can be assured that only those who absolutely need to know any of this information will have access to it. We will never disclose personal information without your permission. Please see our updated Privacy Notice for more details on this.
As an AFFECT member, with your permission only, we include your details in our database to ensure that you have access to the ongoing support and services that you require and also receive our newsletter to keep up-to-date with new developments and meetings.
For reasons of compliance we are required to remind you that:
- We will not share your information with any other organisation, outside agency or person
- However, in the event that it is thought necessary, we will always seek your consent
- Anonymised information may be used to compile statistics to secure funding, or budget or plan
- You have the right to request the information we hold about you, at any time
- You have the right to ask for your information to be removed/erased at any time by either contacting your counsellor/supporter /listener or posting to the address given above
- You have the right to restrict processing, data portability, objection and not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
- If you believe a data breach has occurred, please notify the Data Controller at the address given above
- We will contact you each year to check that you wish to remain on our database.
If you wish to become a member, and be included in our database and receive newsletters and other information from us, please use the Contact Us form to make your request, call or email us.